REMEDIAL

Diposting oleh THE SCHOOL OF UNIVERSE On 1:54:00 PM

Assalamualaikum wr wb,

Dear UMC Students,

Been so long not to see you :) Glad to see ya back,anyway.Here I put my posting for ur remedial.Please ask the paper from Ms. Ari and submit it back not later than Tuesday, July 7th. I'll be on Campus around 11.Good luck!!!!

Part I : Complete the story below using the PAST VERBS.

On Friday, I (1) __________ (travel) by tube to Heathrow Airport. I (2) __________ (buy) some magazines at the airport. I then (3) __________ (fly) to Edinburgh on British Airways flight. I (4) __________ (eat) some foods and (5) __________ (drink) some baverages at the Tajmahal Restaurant in Edinburgh. After dinner, I (6) __________ (watch) a film at Odeon Cinema. My ticket (7) __________ (cost) $5. I (8) __________ (stay) at the Cumberland Hotel.
On Saturday morning I (9) __________ (rent) a car and (10) __________ (drive) to St. Andrews. I (11) __________ (pay) a deposit of $ 40.00. In the afternoon I (12) __________ (go) fishing. In the evening I (13) __________ (return) to Edinburgh. On Sunday morning I (14) __________ (take) the 10.55 train to London. I (15) __________ (be) back to London at 5.05.

Part II : Read the text below
Jim arrived home and discovered that he had forgotten his door key. He rang the bell, but nobody cam to open it. He rang again, and waited, but still there was no answer. He walked around the house to see if he could find an open window, but they were all locked. It was beginning to rain and he didn’t know what to do. Dorothy, his wife, had obviously gone out, and he didn’t know where she had gone to, or when she would return. He waited for half an hour still nobody came. Finally, feeling wet and cold and angry, he picked up a big stone and threw it through the kitchen window just as he had unlocked the window and was climbing through it, he heard the front door open. His wife had come back!


16. The text is a type of …
a. narrative c. descriptive
b recount d. report

17. How long did the writer wait before he decided to break the kitchen window?
a. thirteen minutes b. nineteen minutes
c. thirty minutes d. ninety minutes

18. Which statement is CORRECT based on the text?
a. Dorothy missed the door key.
b. He could find none at home
c. Dorothy left the house before his husband did.
D The door was left unlocked.







19. “…., but nobody came to open it.”
The word IT refers to …
a. the door c. the writer
b. the bell d. his wife

20. “It was beginning to rain and he didn’t know what to do.”
The synonym of the underline phrase is …
A clueless c. confused
b hopeless d. encouraged



21. This is a/an ____
a. advertisement b. memo
c. announcement d. notice

22. The statements below are CORRECT, except ____
A The associations are available for all ages.
b. People can have both of fun and exercise.
c. YMCA is referred for man only.
d Saturday is a senior night

23. The exercise can be done as listed above, except ____
A Tennis b Aerobics
c dancing d. football

24. Neither Jim ____ Alice come to the prompt.
a. or b. and c nor d. both

25. X : Does Hanum Brahmantyo make movie?
Y : ____
a. No, he doesn’t b. Yes, he does
c. No he isn’t d. Yes, he is

26. “Do these questions drive you crazy?”
Well, It doesn’t ____ me much.
a. influences b. influence
c. influenced d. influencing

27. “How many ____ do you have?”
Two brothers and no sister.
a. kids b. children
c people d siblings

28. I can’t stand horror. What about you?
a. neither can’t I b. I can’t either
c. I can too d. So can I

29. Travis works ____ because he wants to get married soon.
a. hard b. harder
c. hardly d more hard

30. Sometimes we go on ____
A two days hike b. two day hikes
c. a two-day hike d two days hikes

1 Comment

  1. LoVaSiAn Said,

    Hi....miss....
    Kumaha atuh daramang???
    thanks bgt yua miss udah kasih anak2 kesempatan ke-2 bwt perbaikan nilai B.Inggris....


    sEkAlI la9I mAkCiH BaNgEt MisS....
    ~~~~~~~~MeT BeRlIBuR mIsS~~~~~~~~~
    ..............@^_^@...............

    Posted on 7/05/2009 07:37:00 PM